These little babies have been a staple dinner for me since I read an article on easy ways to reduce your carb intake. It’s quick, low-cal, and my go-to whenever the bf wants homemade mini pizzas. One portobello mushroom has about 20 calories vs. 130 in an English muffin or your average tortilla.
You can use whatever toppings you want just as you would with a dough or bread bottom. I rolled with all veggies and Daiya cheese this time but I tried it once with Yves “Pepperoni” and it was amazing!
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 oz Daiya mozzarella shreds
- Pre-heat oven to 350°C.
- Cut the stems from the portobellos to make a flat surface for pizza building.
- Spread sauce on mushrooms then top with veggies and lastly cheese.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 15 mins.
- Chow down with a knife & fork 😉
Calories for 2 of these little gems: 220! Super filling and satisfying with minimal clean up 😉 Enjoy!