The best month of the year (besides my birthday and Christmas): JULY! It’s sunny, it’s hot, and there’s no better time to get on the green smoothie train; a nutritious and delicious meal or snack to cool you down and fill you up!
This is only my second Smoothie of the Month post but you can find June’s here!
I was drinking The Perfect Pear on the regular before my cleanse and now it’s back. I almost forgot how delicious it was until this morning. These two make quite the “pair” in a green smoothie 😉
The Perfect Pear Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (OR 3/4 cup yogurt for you non-nanner folks)
- 1/2 ripe pear
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 ice cubes
- I suggest freezing some bananas to have on hand for smoothies because they make it cool and thick without needing to water down with ice.
- If you are allergic to or don’t fancy bananas sub 3/4 cup yogurt (coconut yogurt would be lovely) or 1/2 avocado to add thickness for the same calorie content.
- Let your blender whirl around for at least 45 seconds to make sure the spinach is as pureed as possible.
- Something I learned from Jason Vale… or knew myself but often ignored: don’t chug your smoothies. You wouldn’t eat that amount of solid food in 5 seconds so be kind to your belly and enjoy it 😉
July is also of course the perfect month to take the green smoothie challenge I suggest at the end of the cleanse recap. Click the image for all of your green smoothie needs!
I’d love to know if you are trying my smoothies! Email me at email@example.com or find me on Facebook, Twitter or IG (links on the right side panel —>).