TGIF and I’m on VACATION 🙂
It’s short but I know it’ll be sweet! The bf and I are heading the Cape Breton until Monday to visit my family and spend the weekend at their camp on Lake Ainslie. I haven’t been to the camp in 2 years and haven’t been home since Christmas sooo ask me again why I love July?! The cooler is loaded down with lots of vegan essentials as to not stress out my momma (Earth Balance for corn, Yves veggie dogs for roasting, coconut yogurt, Food For Life cookies, and maybe a Mill Street Organic or 6 😉
Today’s Fit Friday move is one I’ll be taking on the road this weekend so it’s the perfect time to share it with you. Don’t worry there will be lots of modification options at the end. If you want to start putting a routine together here are some more Fit Friday moves to get you started:
Fit Friday: Burpee Push- Ups
AKA: A death sentence
Weight: Just yourself
Reps: 3 sets of 12-15 incorporated into a circuit or as part of any workout.
1. Start in standing position then squat to touch the floor.
2. Jump your feet back into a high plank, engaging your entire core to keep your back flat, bum down.
3. Perform a triceps push-up
4. Jump your feet back in then JUMP as high as you can!
Return to position 1 immediately and repeat steps 1 though 4 in as much of a “fluid motion” as possible.
- Leave out the push-up. A standard burpee does not have a push-up but this is a high-intensity option to push your limits.
- Don’t jump to finish the move. Just stand and reach your hands to the ceiling.
- Harder?! Add a tuck jump instead of a straight jump to finish! It’ll blow your mind.
Now go get em 😉